Old August 26th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_8_]

Default Parachute Lanyard

The one problem I have heard:

As long as there is substanial mass left on the sailplane when the
pilot exits, the chute should open. If there is not enough mass left
on the part of the sailplane the chute is attached to, possibley due
to flutter or a collision, the chute will not open. If I am not
mistaken, this is how Bjorn Stender, the designer of the BS-1 died. It
is probably a rare occurrence though.

On Aug 25, 5:23 pm, E. Douglas Whitehead
wrote:
I am interested in the pros and cons of a
parachute lanyard.

My ship is an ASW-27. I am 6ft. 3in. and
the cockpit is somewhat crowded.

Thanks.

Douglas (EDW)