Old September 4th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Airbus

Default Any Spins Lately??

You certainly have a proselytizing tone about the subject, yet for your
admonissions to be really valid you would have to show that the change
from spin training to spin awareness and avoidance has been accompanied
by an increase in stall/spin accidents and fatalities. In reality, the
opposite is true.

In article . com,
says...

If you haven't done any spins lately, why not? Have you ever gotten a
good spin checkout? Do you really understand what happens to get you
into a spin? Do you understand what is happening during a spin? Do you
know the proper technique for getting out of a spin in the airplane
you are flying?
Most importantly, do you realize a low altitude spin is virtually a
death sentence? A pilot who is properly trained in spins knows how to
avoid getting into them inadvertantly and especially below 1000'agl.
Every year pilots do a stall/spin accident and people die. Why should
this be? I'm really sick and tired of flight instructors who are
afraid of doing stalls and have NEVER done a spin because they are
afraid of them. How do you think that transfers to their students? I
see it when I do checkouts for pilots who are new to our operation or
request some training or a flight review.
Hopefully this will regenerate some discussion here and maybe save
some lives in the process?
Ol Shy & Bashful - Soaring Buzzard
World Infamous pilot/Instructor