Old September 5th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

Default "Fly Baby, you violated Class B Airspace"

On Sep 2, 3:42 pm, Ron Wanttaja wrote:
There I was, flying along fat dumb and happy. I punch the mike button: "Auburn
Traffic, Fly Baby 848 turning downwind for touch-and-go."

A voice comes up: "Fly Baby, you violated Class B Airspace!"

What a jerk. Guess he did not want you to know who he was for a
reason, eh? I would file the ASRS form simply because people like that
are hazards to flight safety -- and the transmission might indicate
that somebody (although not you) might have violated the class B and
is trying to cover it up by blaming it on someone else. The jerk might
also be the sort who would call up ATC and report you. Who knows?
Maybe he thought you cut him off in the pattern and he wanted to get
back at you.

Establishing that there is a pattern of that kind of behavior in the
area might help protect other pilots who are accused of violating the
class B.

Sea-Tac's class B gets violated a lot, though. They don't have any way
of finding out who it is and they usually don't do anything beyond
telling pilots "Don't do that."