Old September 14th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Al Dykes

Default "The doomsday plane

In article ,
Dave S wrote:
Leadfoot wrote:

Actually the 747 has numerous back-up power systems. When there is a
problem with electrical generation a load shedding system kicks in. The
first electrical buss to be shedded is the passenger cabins.

Google EMP, or look it up in the WIKI, and understand what it does to
non-protected electrical systems and generating systems then re-visit
your answer. Back ups are no good if they all drop offline from the
original EMP.

The flyboys have been designing systems for EMP and testing them for
~40 years.
--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m