Old October 4th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

Default USA competition rules re team flying?

Just curious as to the current situation regarding team flying in U.S.
competions, especially in view of the decided disadvantage U.S. pilots
appear to suffer in world competitions due to lack of team flying
experience.

My understanding is that premeditated team flying is still completely
verbotten in the U.S. - have I missed anything? I can only find one
reference to team flying in the rules. From the 2007 SSA National
Rules:

"10.7.2.7 Relaying of information between aircraft for any reason
other than safety is prohibited. This specifically forbids team
flying."

TIA,

Frank (TA).