Old October 7th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

Default People...

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 08:04:24 -0700, Jay Honeck
wrote:

For those of you who exist in the clarified, rarified world of upper-
echelon corporate life, or hang out with pilots all day, it's hard to
remember the wide range of human behaviors that exist.

Some of us are on the lower "echelons" of corporate life, so I totally
get it.

My "office" alternates between an 8'x10' cubicle and the windshield of
a clapped-out 2000 Chevy Cavalier with Scotchlight major telephone co.
logos on the side.

My wife and I subscribe to the "pay yourself first" plan, so the 401k
and her 403b get paid well before the airplane payment. I build
high-end cabinets and custom furniture to pay for my half of a Beech
Sundowner. Soon, I expect to instruct to pay for my flying. I've had
part time jobs my entire life, as a musician, sound engineer, trim
carpenter, bicycle salesperson, bicycle mechanic, tile and hardwood
floor mechanic, and airport lineman to supplement my fun.

I look at it as "all good", as I've had experiences that I wouldn't
trade for all the money in the world. I know those behaviors... G