Old October 16th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Travis Marlatte

Default The results of not flying... Your Logbook, please?

"Paul kgyy" wrote in message
oups.com...

On the other hand, why would you need to? The plane's logbooks tell the
real
story. You have tach hours at annuals, oil changes, and other
maintenance. I
think that provides a better and more accurate view into the flying
history
of the plane.

If the airplane has a journey log, fine. But if all you have is hours
between annual, that's not very useful. A plane that's flown an hour
twice a month is a better bet than one that's flown 6 hours every 4
months.

Well you got me there. I was thinking of the difference between 20 hours a
year and 200 hours a year. It would take a little detective work to
determine the nature of flying as little as 24 hours a year. But I'm not
sure I would care what the answer was. I'm going to have the engine
inspected pretty closely before buying.

Travis
Lake N3094P
PWK