Old October 16th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Skycatcher IFR?

Matt Whiting wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Oct 15, 6:24 am, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Oct 12, 4:30 pm, Matt Whiting wrote:
Does anyone know if the Skycatcher will be IFR certified? It
doesn't appear to be from what little I've found at the Cessna
web site.
Matt
Will Sport aircraft be allowed to be IFR certified?
-Robert
There is at least one S-LSA aircraft that is IFR
certified.http://www.newplane.com/amd/amd/601_SLSA/601.html
So then I assume the pilot would need a current class 3 medical,
correct?

-Robert

And an IFR ticket. But the question wasn't about pilot certificates
it was about aircraft.

Yes. I'm instrument rated and was simply wondering what, if any,
LSA's could be flown IFR. I;m debating whether to buy one just for
fun flying, but with the capability to occasionally fly in IMC if
needed. I can buy a 20 year-old 182 that burns 12 GPH or I can buy a
new LSA that burns half that ... and is new!

Yes, I give up two seats, but most of my flying is alone anyway or
with one other person, so I'll just rent when I need four seats. That was
the rationale behind my question.

Matt

Then follow that link up there the 601XLi might be just the plane for you.