Old November 1st 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Newps

Default When to descend II

Bee wrote:

pgbnh wrote:

OK, now how does this change if, prior to reaching ROYCE, we are
switched to the tower and Tower says Cessna 123, cleared to land. (The
OP did receive such a clearance, but it was not clear where he was at
the time)Does the altitude restriction still hold?

I would say no, as, to me, 'Cleared to land' means that I am now in
control of my heading and altitude

Not until you reach ROYCE and the visual approach clearance becomes
effective.

Just like reporting the OM to the tower when the weather is 200 and 1/2
and the tower says "Cleared to land."

Reporting the marker to the tower is not necessary unless asked for.