Old November 14th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Udo

Default contest number question

Why would you call the other pilot if you see him?
There are only limited circumstances in which a call is appropriate.
I never could under stand why one would make a call
if the calling pilot is in a 180 degree cone behind the pilot.
If you feel under thread from that pilot do not go near him.
I can not stand it when a call is made "I am passing from behind
overhead"
or similar announcements when it is clear that pilot is showing poor
judgment.
Udo

On Nov 14, 12:28 pm, "Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote:
Gary Emerson wrote:
I haven't even looked, but I'm guessing there is still a requirement in
the contest "rules" to have contest numbers under the wing, etc.

Gary

I appreciate being able to radio-call the fella over there who doesn't appear
to see me.