Old December 2nd 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Cessna sued for skydiving accident.

I applaud you if your parental time and effort paid off exactly the way
you planned it. But not everyone in the generation of "lazy, sue-happy
'it's not my fault' people" are the result of parents who "aren't aware
or don't care" or who didn't teach their kids about work ethics or give
them a moral compass. Some people of that mindset had parents who were
just as aware, cared just as much, and worked just as hard to teach,
educate, and guide their kids. They simply don't *all* take the path
(even in their thinking) we would choose for them.

Absolutely true -- and I didn't imply otherwise. I've seen kids with
the best upbringing turn to crap, and I've seen kids with the worst
upbringing turn to gold. There are no guarantees with children, and
the "jury is still out" on mine.

I've always said that my son will either grow up to become a brilliant
criminal mastermind, or a great philanthropist -- there's no way of
knowing at this point!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck