Old December 28th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
randall g

Default Aspen Avionics

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:35:19 -0600, wrote:

I was intrigued at Oshkosh with Aspen Avionics gyro and hsi steam gauge
replacements.

Somebody at AOPA thinks this is for real:

Get your glass: AOPA unveils 2008 sweeps airplane
By Ian Twombly

Don't despair if you don't win AOPA's 2007 Catch-A-Cardinal Sweepstakes
airplane. We have a new project under way—a completely refurbished glass
panel-equipped 1976 Piper Archer.

AOPA's 2008 Get Your Glass Sweepstakes airplane will take you to the
forefront of glass technology. We're going to retrofit the venerable,
easy-to-fly, and highly capable Piper Archer with a glass display from
industry newcomer Aspen Avionics, as well as avionics from Garmin,
S-Tec, Avidyne, PS Engineering, and many others.

Aside from a glass primary flight display and multifunction display, the
panel will feature traffic, weather, electronic charts, and
entertainment. The airplane, which we've dubbed 208GG (2008 Get Your
Glass), will also have a brand-new interior and paint job done by Oxford
Aviation to match the glass theme.

randall g =%^) PPASEL+Night 1974 Cardinal RG
http://www.telemark.net/randallg
Lots of aerial photographs of British Columbia at:
http://www.telemark.net/randallg/photos.htm
Vancouver's famous Kat Kam: http://www.katkam.ca