Old January 10th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default Minimums?

"bertie_the_bunyip" wrote in
:

"F. Baum" wrote in message

@c4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
On Jan 9, 3:01 pm, Brian wrote:
While watching a lot of landing videos and whatnot, I hear "minimums"
called out as an aircraft approaches its landing field.

Brian, who is calling "minimums" ? This is typically done on a two
pilot crew when the PM makes an "Appoaching Minimums" and "Minimums"
callouts. On newer planes this is done automatically according to
where the minimums bug is set (Usually referenced to RA).

From what I've been told, "minimums" indicates the decision as to
whether or not the field is in sight, correct?

The term "Minimums" in this case refers to the DH or DA (Depending on
the type of approach). The runway environment must be insight by the
time a pilot reaches minimums (Which is the MAP on many approaches).

so if minimums are not met, go around? Am I right in assuming this?

For part 91 ops, you only need to have the required inflight
visibility.
Frank
Nope Fjuckwit

Bertie

Whoowh!

Hi!

Spelled Fjukkwit BTW.

Do you know where I left my socks? I can't find them anywhere.

Bertie also