Old January 10th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Adam

Default Club Glider Hangar?

On Jan 9, 10:17*pm, "Mike Schumann" mike-nos...@traditions-
nospam.com wrote:
My personal feeling is that ease of access is a huge issue. *Our club has a
K8 and K7 that is hung in a large hanger. *Because people consider these
gliders to be a hassle to get down (about a 5 - 10 minute job), they are
rarely flown.

Mike Schumann

And I cannot explain the Junior...it sits on the floor of a hangar
collecting dust all season. I'd be surprised if it logged 10 hrs TTA.

Only once last year did we have all five ships on the line, and that
was a crappy day. The reason: the club president was acting flight
operations officer that day and pushed hard to get everything in the
air.

/Adam