Old January 24th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon

Default What is that whining sound aboard an inflight 747?

On Jan 15, 8:25 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Jon wrote :

On Jan 15, 10:01 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Jon wrote
innews:8ba9eedc-68f8-40e0-93ba-

om:

On Jan 14, 9:02 pm, C J Campbell
On 2008-01-14 11:58:30 -0800, Jim Stewart
said:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
m:

Alan writes:

Several times for the past few years, while on a
transatlantic flight aboard a KLM 747-400, I begin to hear
what sounds like a turbine spinning up, almost like an engine
start, but higher pitch... Anyone know what it might be?
At what point in the flight? And in which seat?

Why, you going to book next to him and whine the whole way?

What's the difference between ajetengine
and Anthony?

Ajetengine actually produces useful energy?
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

In the former case, the wake produced eventually dissipates?

Small point, It;s calledblast. the stuff off the wing is wake.

Yep, my bad.....JetBlastbeing the other type of turbulence caused
by... the engine, too Don't wanna be too close to either type I'd
gather, unless you like living dangerously :P

Datsa right!
in flightjetblastwould be the least of your worries of you were that
close. On the ground, jetblast.

Bertie

http://media2.stupidvideos.us/video/extreme/38763.3647549653.wmv

If google chopped the link, paste the following two lines together and
stuff into the browser's maw: