Old January 28th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Serious STOL fun

"Morgans" wrote in news:Pxsnj.56$zV2.27
@newsfe06.lga:

"William Hung" wrote

C'on Jim, it's not so ugly. Looks like a Jeep Willy of the sky to me,
and I think the Willy's jeeps look great. My plan is to one day get a
C150, I'm leaning towards building the 701 now. Maybe with a 582 or
if finances allow, a 912.

Yeah, I guess it isn't all that ugly; but it looks "bulldog ugly"; its
straight out top just has no streamlined look to it, I think.

Put a Jubaru 3300 on it, if you want to do it right. None of the sewing
machine Rotax engines, for me.

In fact, I've heard the opposite, that the Jabirus seldom make it past 500
hours and often a lot less before needing a rebuild..

Bertie