Old January 29th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default "Outlandings" discussion

It's Shaw's "two countries divided by a common language" again,
Martin. In aviation parlance over here, CAP means Civil Air Patrol,
the guys who go out searching for overdue pilots.

It's easy to get confused. A few weeks ago, you started a post with
"snap". I couldn't find anything in your post that indicated something
was broken, but then an English friend explained the game you were
referring to. Another confusing point was a reference to Noddy in
another posting - Wikipedia explained that over here we'd use Mickey
Mouse. Finally, there's that Rube Goldberg/Heath Robinson thing...

English as she are spoke...

-John

On Jan 29, 4:35 pm, Martin Gregorie
Well I just like to keep my trailer excersized. Ive flown small
triangles and came back home. It was cool but sort of boring in its
own way. Im working on getting the CAP to be my crew for at least
some flights this summer. that should be cool! Might have to add a
tent to my landout kit!

Why would a Civil Aviation Publication require a tent?

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK