Old February 3rd 08, 10:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
P & H Macguire[_2_]

Default SUPER MUSTANG

"P & H Macguire" wrote in message

Looked to me like they were all equipped with the 4 x 20mm.

How careless of me, of course they are!

Some sources say that the Mk 1a had a standard armament of 4X20mm cannon.
I further learn that a batch of these (FD510-FD527) was retained by the
US
for home defence after Pearl Harbor, "these flying in British camouflage
and RAF serial numbers but with US star insignia" I would imagine the
left-hand aircraft is almost certainly one of these, as might be the
nearest one as well.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Came across this- apparently it was an experimental fitting of
"tank-busting" cannons, presumably 40mm. Unfortunately, I can't make out
the serial, even on the original.

Pat Macguire

Oops!

Attached Thumbnails