Old February 11th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Default Sabrina 0-200A engine from Sabrina Aircraft Manufacturing

On Feb 11, 2008 4:21 PM, Jim Logajan wrote:

I believe the model name is within the bounds of the rules - I think I've
seen other homebuilders do the same with little or no design changes. As
you know, I believe she has to record herself as the manufacturer because
Zenith didn't build the plane.

Yea but changing the model name and one of the comments on the very
limited website makes it sound like she wants you to think she
redesigned the plane. That said she did make one hell of a redesign on
the panel.

"As an aircraft manufacture, Sabrina's most exciting moment was,

"When I
was allowed to remove the 'Built by an Amateur' FAA passenger Warning
Label."

That last is a good question. I started this thread when I ran across a
posting from her on Matronic's Zenith list and followed the link she

posted
to her web site. I believe you subscribe to that list (I don't anymore -
just read some of the postings now and then via the public access web

page)
so you might consider politely asking her via direct e-mail. Looks

like she
subscribed to the Matronics list within the last week and already is
moderately active.

I did and it is under the (special that ended 1/31/08) E-LSA rules and
I can't find anything to counter that in the rules. As far as I'm
concerned it's a real bad idea from a liability standpoint. I told her
that in an e-mail right after I told her that I thought she was an
amazing young lady.