Old February 22nd 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter Clark

Default Post-Annual Flight

Still is.

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:21:59 -0700, Newps wrote:

The Cessna was just as bad. In the wing root and a pain in the ass.

Jay Honeck wrote:
Nice design, Mr. Piper. Beech Bonanza you take off the access port on
the top of the wing to expose the top of the bladder where sender is
located. Remove 6 or 8 more screws and sender comes out. No need for
tank to be empty, down 5-10 gallons helpful. Sender out in 5 minutes.

Agreed. Making the sending unit inaccessible without removing the tank
is crazy. But it's just another goofy thing in aviation, non-specific
to Piper products. I suspect every owner can tell a maintenance story
about "stupid-design-induced-headaches" on their brand of airplane.

Thankfully, the sending units on our tip tanks are much easier to work
on, should that ever become necessary.