Old February 28th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Antenna installation question

On Feb 28, 5:09*am, Dan wrote:
On Feb 27, 3:32*pm, "Tim Mara" wrote: I have also used Foil Tape on wood gliders with good success.....foil tape
can be found at any local hardware (home depot and Lowe's also have
it)....in the heating departments, used as a "duct tape".....but don't use
common silver colored "Duct ""Duck"" tape....has to be metal
tim

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website atwww.wingsandwheels.com

I echo Tim. *I have metal foil tape on the inside of the turtledeck of
my Austria, and it works great. *You take ground from the antenna and
connect to the foil tape. *It lasts a long time (it was like this when
I bought in '95) and works cheaply.

You could also put the ground plane and antenna internally, which
would be less prone to damage, look better, and slightly improve
aerodynamics, assuming you have room for the antenna; wood is
transparent. Just a thought...
Dan

Yes, my Woodstock antenna is completely inside the glider as is the
Cherokee Kids installation.