Old March 2nd 08, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

Default Sporty's altimeter bug

Steven Barnes wrote:
When I had my 180, we bought one of those spinning altitude bugs for the
altimeter. It sticks onto the face & has 3 pointers that track around the
edge. You set the red pointer on your DH or MDA and you get 500' 200-100'
callout reminders. Pretty nice for IFR flying.

Well, I just ordered another one for the Six, but when I got it, the paper
that you're supposed to "peel" off the back, was already off. The ring of
the bug is a bit tacky, but I don't know if it will stay stuck to the
altimeter.

Has anyone ever installed one of these? If it doesn't stick, is there a
*safe* glue that I could put a drop or two on to help it stick without the
glue eating the plastic of the altimeter?

I'm sure Sporty's will replace it. I had a pair of defective chocks
from them. I wasn't able to get the guy to understand just what the
problem was but they replaced them assuming that I was right and it
was really a defect in the one I had. They didn't even make me send
back the first pair.