Old March 18th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Fred the Red Shirt

Default 700lbs?

On Feb 26, 11:50 am, "wesleymarceaux"
wrote:
I know this will not do much for unbelievers, But I have no problem
believing that an 1835 engine with a belt reduction system would fly an
airplane with a takeoff weight of 1050lb's.. The performance didn't look to
be that bad either. I think a good 1835 vw engine with reduction can do
anything the rotax 912 ul can do. A direct drive vw engine is not a real go
getter in my book, but it sounds better than the two cycles..

Scheibe SF 25:

http://www.sailplanedirectory.com/Pl...fm?planeID=102

It's a motorglider that actually uses a Limbaugh,
but a moptorglider is just an airplane iwth long wings
and aren't Limbaughs just modified VWs?

--

FF