Old March 21st 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Thomas Borchert

Default In Memoriam: Arthur C. Clarke

Lawrence,

There are only two I can think of that create true
worlds of the imagination, and I think often not as well.

Hmm. I am an avid Clarke fan and even had the extreme pleasure to meet
him 8 years ago (we did an interview with him on "the real 2001"
compared to his - and did an elaborate photo production in the process,
the wonderful work of Peter Menzel,
http://menzelphoto.peripix.com/group...rke&order=inse
rt_date&date_how=+%3D+). He was a remarkable person - and quite a
character, too.

But several current authors come to mind with respect to what you
mention:

Tad Williams
Orson Scott Card
Neil Stephenson