Old March 31st 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WJRFlyBoy

Default WJRFlyboy

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:29:21 -0400, Mxsmanic wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:35:28 -0600 (MDT), wrote:

Nomen Nescio wrote:

DaBogusOne wrote:

Nomen Nescio wrote:

DaBogusOne wrote:

I have found Bahamian banks to be quite helpful. PLan a weekend getaway
and while you are there, you can open an account with no personal
information and you even get a Visa Debit card to pull funds from.

Total bull****. Banks in the Bahamas are required by *law* to see a
passport for foreign customers opening accounts, and if you're
transferring funds you need a letter from the source bank
confirming that they have verified your identity also (usually with
a driver's license).

Open an account under an LLC (Limited Liability Company) setup in
Delaware or New Mexico I(or any state for that matter) then bank as you
desire. You can also transfer assets to the LLC without fear of them
being attached by greedy creidtors.

Complete and utter bull****. I don't know where some of you people
read this crap, but I can probably guess.

Beware the FUDmongers folks. About the only way to open a Bahamian
bank account post-9/11 without showing a passport is to do it
through a bearer share corporation out of some turd world country
like Panama. And even then they don't accept walk in customers. You
have to be introduced. Joe Vacationer ain't gonna get it done. No
how, no way.

And when was the last time you physically went to a Bahamian Island?

You don't have to go there to know what the laws are goober. All you
have to do is read.

LOL, you put too much faith in Google. I fly to the Bahamas privately 2 or
3 times a month and know first hand how it works and it DOES work just like
the original poster said it does.

Unless you know firsthand, you should refrain from giving advise. Laws and
rules might look good on paper and on Google but in the "real world" its
totally different.

WJR Flyboy

look who I found.

lol