Old April 14th 08, 08:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Default The Apprentice's Toolbox

My twin grandsons are to young to build anything yet but I'm going to
save the info on this project for when they get to be about 12 years old
so we can do this together.

Tony

wrote:
On Apr 13, 9:08 pm, "dublin_o" wrote:
I am going to gather up the tools and the list and show my grandson how to
build the box, my grandfather did this for me and I still have the box, but
now it has misc parts in it for my router.

Good for you!

As a project, it's pretty easy. The secret is that you only have to
lay-out three rows of holes. Once drilled, the three parts are then
used as drill-guides for all of the other holes except for the
handles, hinges & fittings. Once the builder understands the
principle, the work goes very quickly.

The foundation for the tray may be self-bent using a table edge,
clamps and a rubber mallet but the tray is usually used as a means of
introducing the student to the brake. If you use T-zero stock the
partitions you can fudge the bends a bit, eliminating the need for
high precision.