Old April 15th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

Default Just back from SNF

In article , Sliker says...

Just returned from Sun 'n fun. For those that didn't go, the first
and second day I was there, muddy mess! They'd had a foot of rain the
weekend before the show, and the parking lot was a swamp. Cars getting
stuck constantly. And a lot of the aircraft parking was messed up.
Production planes parked in the homebuilt area due to standing water
and mud in their normal parking area.
The number of aircraft in attendance was way down. But the number of
people seemed to be pretty decent. I think a lot of the regulars that
normally fly in, just drove instead. No doubt the high fuel cost is
keeping planes away in large numbers. The homebuilt parking area
wasn't even half full. Maybe this weekend will bring in some more
planes. And maybe by then, the mud will be dried up. Some of the areas
where the nice new corporate planes on display, just outside the
flight line were some of the muddiest areas. And that mud smelled like
horse. Bad.

I didn't hear of ONE case of the Florida tax people doing ramp checks and
charging user tax fees. One again zoom was chicken little and caused people
undue anxiety over what is a fun time in Florida. Next he'll be warning us about
Global warming Sheesh!!!

Chuck (I was there and didn't get taxed)S RAH-14/1 ret