Old April 16th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Margy Natalie

Default What a Wonderful Morning

Matt W. Barrow wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message

I dream of the day I pay a full million dollars in tax!! Now THAT will be
year to remember! Never going to make it BTW, but it's something to shoot
for!

That's the way I always looked at it.

Yep, and that was my point.

I know I will never get there, teaching school. I do believe that
teachers of all subjects deserve better compensation than they receive,
especially in some states that pay less than other states.

When they merit increases, they should get increases.

How would you define "merit increases". That is an extremely dangerous
path to go in education. For a while there was a movement that had
teachers rated by the improvement of their students which led to
teachers keeping the best lessons for themselves and not sharing (the
top 10% get the merit increases, etc.). Of course there are the
teachers who chose to teach the "difficult" students and those students
rarely make great strides. "Jeez, the retarded kids never go up 2 grade
levels in reading in one year! I'll never make money teaching them!".

Margy

No, I haven't read d' Tocqueville since college and I choose not to
argue Marx today. (I also don't teach anymore. I left for a "government
job" that has longer hours and lower pay, but I have an SR-71 parked
outside of my office.