Old April 23rd 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Owning in retirement

On Apr 23, 3:12*pm, "Matt W. Barrow"
wrote:
"Newps" wrote in message

. ..

States that have no income tax are usually fiercely anti income tax. *FL
will never change as the retirees are their golden goose, my folks live
there in the winter. *Most retirees are not residents of Florida anyways,
they are snowbirds who keep their legal residency somewhere else.

And most (all?) of those rich *******s are not living on regular income, but
on pensions and savings, mostly sheltered from tax consequences.

And dividends as well. People have argued for years that the double
tax on dividends today is not enough and we should stick it to those
old rich dudes by increasing their dividend tax rate.

-Robert