Old November 22nd 03, 05:04 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Mike Marron" wrote in message
om...
"Dudley Henriques" wrote:

Life is indeed strange sometimes.
I was a demonstration pilot flying a P51D back in the sixties.

I know that you couldn't care less Dud, but while you were having a
good ol' time flying your P-51, posing for photographs and signing
autographs for throngs of adoring fans, back in the sixties Dad was
heading off to 'Nam in a chartered DC-8 waving goodbye to his pregnant
wife and three boys while the entire family was fighting back tears
and wondering if we'll ever see each other again.

I don't know what the hell is psychologically wrong with you Marron, but
this is a totally ignorant, unwarranted and unnecessary post that goes so
far beyond the limits of normality that I just have to respond to it.
How dare you assume that I or anyone else for that matter wouldn't care
about someone leaving their family and going to war.
I have spent my entire life devoted to making the airplanes our pilots take
to war strong enough and good enough to bring them back to the families they
left at home, on several occasions, at the risk of my life!
It has also been my unfortunate duty on more than one occasion to be called
in by these families to speak at the funerals of several of these pilots;
close, close, personal friends. I don't need this crap from you. Nor does
anyone else on this Newsgroup.
I would STRONGLY suggest to you Marron, that although you have great cause
to be proud of your father for the work he did in SEA, that you refrain from
EVER AGAIN using someone the way you have used me in this post to make a
statement about him. There's absolutely no reason for this behavior, nor is
there ANY excuse for you to use me or anyone else in a negative manner like
this as a segway into a statement about your father.
I don't know what the F**k you think I did all my life, but I'll have you
know that flying demonstrations in the 51 was a HOBBY for me, NOT a
vocation! My WORK during my tenure in aviation was directly related to
design and performance of the airplanes that people like your father took to
war. I would even go so far as to tell you that my work in this field might
very well have been responsible on any given occasion for bringing him back!
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace