Old November 30th 03, 03:02 AM
Jonathan

I think that is more an opinion than anything else. I certainly agree with
you that the 747 did revolutionize aviation, but you could make that
statement for many aircraft. There are tons of aircraft that are just as
important to flight as the 747. The Wright Flyer, the DC3, Me262, Concorde,
and the list could just keep on going.
-Jonathan
"Jason Strong" wrote in message
om...
Does it really take a travel agent to inform you guys that the 747
will be the aircraft long remembered in aviation history?

The 747 revolutionized air travel and has moved billions of people
around the earth, making flight obtainable to everyone for a
reasonable price without the need to become a pilot or join the AF.

The 747 has established air routes that link the entire world and
moved cargo at a pace that transformed not only the delivery business
but the nations that rely on those resources to advance their own
industries.

Who cares about some old rusting hunk of military hardware? Even the
sleek SR-71 is nothing compared to the Jumbo.

You guys need to get your heads out of your ass**, um... the clouds...
and think about the revolution the 747 has caused and the
accessability of flight to the average Joe.

Even when that monster Airbus slugs its way into the air it will be a
long time before that aerial doubledecker ever truly rivals the Jumbo.

The 747 will never be forgotten while Concorde fades away like the
Russian SST.

JS