Old May 23rd 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Citabria Fuel-Flow Problem

wrote in news:d3672a56-fbb0-4eac-bb4a-
:

On May 19, 7:00 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
wrote in news:6cbe76a7-0b6a-4d7c-a352-
:

On May 19, 5:27 pm, quietguy wrote:
There were no cracks or other obvious
flaws but both gaskets were equally bad at sealing; that's why a
simple cap-swap didn't change anything. It seems that the left

tank
just isn't as sensitive to venting/sealing problems as the right.

seal well, even with good gaskets, the caps have to be difficult

screw down tight.

The LH tank vents directly outside, while the RH tank vent

into
the left,

Not according to my manual, which has a T fitting feeding air to both
tanks from the one vent on all models. It wouldn't be the first time

the
reality differed from the manuals, of course.

Bertie

Must have changed at some point. Both of ours have the vent
feeding through a check valve into the LH tank, and a crossover vent
connection between the inboard walls of both tanks.

Might depend on the year of manufacture 9 my books are for the mid
seenites airplanes) and /or the manufacturer.

Bertie