Old June 5th 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default I've finally Had It!

this thread is a wonderful example of how the dynamics work. Maxwell
engages the idiots, and a flood of messages ensues. Right in the
middle, gregvk is asking "ok, what is this all about?" - and another
flood ensues. This group is broken beyond repair, I fear.

Kill files are your friend. I've added Maxwell (only my second one, ever)
after his eternal Bertie responses made THAT kill file ineffective.

With those two gone, the S-to-N ratio has improved dramatically.
Unfortunately, the impact on newbies of viewing all their drivel is still a
serious problem. Real pilots who see all the troll-spam aren't hanging
around much anymore, reducing authentic participation to a bare minimum.

The only thing that can fix this group will be an influx of new pilots --
and the trolls know it. Thus, they continue to do their best to drive 'em
away.

I would never have believed the damage such a small, dedicated group of
people could do to a piloting group like this. Their actions fly in the
face of everything I've ever observed about pilots in general, which is what
makes it such a mystery. And also such a damned shame.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA