Old June 7th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul Tomblin

Default Trouble filing IFR to Canadian Airports

In a previous article, Andrew Sarangan said:
I was totally puzzled by this. Since when did Canadian airports and
navaids disappear from US computers?

Not quite the same thing, but every time I fly IFR to Ottawa, I get told
to fly the CYRIL SEVEN STAR. But DUATS and Flight Service won't accept
CYRIL as a waypoint, so I file to ART, then direct. And as I get close to
ART, Wheeler-Sack Approach comes on the air and says "I have a revised
clearance for you", and then clears me to fly to CYRIL and then the CYRIL
SEVEN arrival.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
[Y]ou should write for the comprehension of the next programmer who