Old December 4th 03, 06:13 PM
Brett

"Ed Majden" wrote:
| "Brett" |
| Ever read a book by John Clearwater titled "Canadian Nuclear
Weapons:
| The Untold Story"? It includes some information about the efforts
the
| Pearson government to sign up for the use of US nuclear weapons.
|
| Never read this book. Deif lost an election over his fence
sitting and
| reluctance to accept nuclear weapons.

And Pearson's Liberals won by "embracing" the idea - nice switch by
them, they were "anti" when Diefenbaker first started down the path and
it was Pearson's government that signed the agreements.

| I lived through this era having
| enlisted in the RCAF in 1958.

Try reading the book it basically agrees with Peter Stickney's comment
about Canada and the "Nuke Bandwagon".

| Started out on the Cf-100, went to Europe on
| the CF-104's, spent two tours on Bomarcs and finished off on CF101's
as a
| ground crew tech. We were anxiously waiting for the Arrow, but alas
and
| sadly, the program was cancelled. This was known as "Black Friday".

You were "anxiously waiting for the Arrow", you probably didn't have a
year of service in when it was cancelled in Feburary 1959.