Old August 4th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default OSH '08 Redux -- The Torch Has Been Passed, Part I

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Thank you Jay for a great posting! I was at Oshkosh on Friday,
Saturday, and Sunday and I agree. This was the best Oshkosh yet!!

Weather-wise, I've never seen such a wonderful Airventure. From start to
finish, it was never too hot, never too cold, and it never stormed!

In fact, we were all remarking that the weather at Oshkosh has really
moderated since Algore invented "Global Warming". I remember in the 1980s
it was so bloody hot at OSH that we couldn't sleep at night...even outside
our tents.

Bugs, on the other hand, were ferocious this year -- actually for the
first time in our memory. OSH received a ton of rain (as did all of the
Midwest) this spring, and the mosquitoes came out in force each night,
right at civil twilight. Luckily, Deep Woods Off! still works well, and
it doesn't stink anymore.
--
Jay Honeck

The state of Wisconsin recently signed a bill making the mosquito the
official state bird of Wisconsin.