Old August 24th 08, 10:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JRW

Default My 1 2 3 Test info

Peter Hucker wrote:
They were on topic pictures.

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:07:11 -0500, "Terry M" wrote:

There is a test binary group. May I suggest using that so that you don't
flood this group until you are prepared to post. Not trying to be a smart
a.. - just a friendly suggestion as I know you were trying to accomplish
something good.

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...

Using Xnews, I just did 3 uploads of an F-4 picture file which shows
almost
4KB.

The first test was a straight upload. It was broke into 10 files of 8K and
one at 5714.

The second was with MIME. It also was broke into 11 files with very near
the
same results.

The third test was an upload in yEnc. This time the file was broke into
only
10 sections nine of which were in the 3200 range and one in the 2000
range.

Someone said yEnc creates a larger file. I'm at a loss how that is figured
seeing as this test indicates the opposit.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm trying to discover the most
effective method to upload as compared to a standard generic upload.

And he stated that he was "testing". You are testing if you are choosing
from three different posting methods.
It was only merely pointed out to him that there are tests groups. Both
myself and Terry pointed that out.
He had no problems with that, so why are you chirping in? He then asked
for suggestions which he gladly received.
Think again Sherlock.