Old December 15th 03, 11:02 PM
Yama

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
.com...
B2431 wrote:
Saddam paid the families of suicide bombers, promised to go down
fighting and called on others to fight to the very end. He caved. If
he was really smart he would have made the U.S. soldiers kill him
thereby making him a martyr.

That reminds me of another brave Middle Eastern leader, Yasser Arafat.

After
whining about the Israelis outside his door and how much he wanted to die

and
become a martyr, he refused to open the door. I'm sure the Israelis would

have
been happy to oblige him.

Actually, Israeli certainly wouldn't have been (though they may have
detained him in some humiliating way). They know very well that killing him
would also kill any attempt for peace for a very long time.