Old September 14th 08, 02:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto Indrek Aavisto is offline
Banned

Default B58

AE "Dave Whiley" wrote in
AE message
AE ...
With you on Fail Safe - unfortunately (and unjustly) overshadowed in
popular memory by Dr Strangelove, IMO.

... and the name "(Villiers) Vindicator" was also used for the
V-bomber in Thunderball (the novel at any rate - I can't remember whether
it was
named in the film, or whether the Vulcan just made an uncredited cameo
appearance.)

AE I don't think it was a Vulcan in Thunderball; I think it was the
AE Valiant.
AE

Check out this link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Vulcan

It mentions that a Vulcan was used for the film.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill