Old October 18th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_4_]

Default US Club Class Participation

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 07:20:48 -0700, gliderman wrote:

I would be interested in flying club class if it consisted of assigned
tasks only.

I assume that in US terminology "assigned task" is what I, in the UK,
understand as a "racing task" - racing round a set of fixed turnpoints.

If so, mandating that only assigned tasks can be set probably closes a
few too many options for the task setter and would result in more
scrubbed days than if judicious use of assigned area tasks on marginal
days is allowed. That's the norm in the UK a racing task is set on a good
day and an AAT if the weather is marginal.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK