Old November 8th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.military,sci.engr.mech
Morgans[_2_]

Default Dimples On Model Aircraft Could Greatly Extend Range

"N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" wrote

NASA had an aircraft where they sucked air into the upper surface of the
wing, to try and create a "laminar" boundary layer. I think it took more
power than they got extra-lift / reduced-drag.

I was reading about that one, just a few days ago.

It said one of the largest problems was keeping the vent holes open, from
bugs and stuff, and rain changing the laminar flow.
--
Jim in NC