Old December 25th 03, 09:49 PM
Moramarth

In article , Keith Willshaw keithNoSp
writes

"The Enlightenment" wrote in message

Having personaly spoken to Austrian Army POWs who were held in open pens

in
the snow for weeks and dieing from exposure and had to suffer several
murders by pot shots a night I know that elements of the US military can

be
very savage. To be fair it seems to have been mainly Polish American

units
that did this.

So you have spoken to Austrian POW's who died from exposure
and were them murdered several times by being shot at night

An interesting claim

If you allow for the mangled English (I'd mangle German worse!) he's
probably making a valid point. Remagen is, sadly, all too well
attested, and it's possibly the same errors were perpetrated elsewhe
miscalculation and callousness rather than a deliberate intention to
take lives. Remagen looks worse because there was a Red Cross supply
dump immediately adjacent to the camp that could have alleviated the
nutrition problem. We were lucky that we were able to repatriate the
Argentineans so quickly after the cessation of hostilities in the
Falklands before the situation on Stanley airfield became unmanageable.

Regards
Keith

--
Moramarth