Old January 1st 09, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Karl-Heinz Künzel

Default Need help! Magnetic Compass Errors!

kha0z schrieb:
Hello all, I'm still very unsure about the magnetic compass errors.
Mainly the Northerly Turning Error and the Acceleration Error. I been
researching on them on google, and I still don't understand what they
mean! If someone is free, please post a very simplified and easy to
understand guide about the errors.

From what I know about Northerly Turning Error, If the plane is heading
to the North, If you make a turn to East or West, there will be
something wrong with the Magnetic Compass? What is it..?

Then for the Acceleration Error, If the plane were to accelerate to
East or West, the magnetic compass will show a false turn to the North
but if the plane decelerates, it will show a false turn to the South.
But how does the magnetic compass even do that ? Thanks a lot!

Hope someone can clarify..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_compass_turns

KH