Old January 10th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dana M. Hague[_2_]

Default Radio Noise

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:44:35 -0800 (PST), Bob wrote:

Com Icom A-6 handheld connected only to headset, NO CONNECTION TO A/C
ELECTRICAL. Static noise and flickering RX symbol on handheld (no
voice being received)so distractiing its makes use unbearable...

I have the A24 (same radio as yours except with VOR added). I
eliminated the noise by turning on the radios "ANL" (Automatic Noise
Limiter) function, and switching to resistor spark plugs.

-Dana
--
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.