Old March 16th 09, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
es330td

Default Altimeter pilot watch?

On Mar 14, 6:22*pm, wrote:
On Mar 13, 4:43 am, Dana M. Hague wrote:

Before that I had an Avocet altimeter watch; I don't really recall but
I think it had a similar setting.

If find it most useful for paragliding; I don't use it in the plane.

* * * *And that's about how much I used any fancy watches I had. Most
of these watches are just expensive ways to impress non-pilots (and
they usually don't care) and they're so big and thick that they're
forever in the way or catching on something.

I thought the same thing the first time I saw a watch with an E6-B in
the bezel. Although it may be a good pickup tool for airport bunnies
I can't imagine how bad things would have to be to need to use it do
perform actual flight calculations.