Old April 14th 09, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default What's the bi-annual flight review all about?

On Apr 14, 2:55*pm, Dallas wrote:
What's the bi-annual flight review all about?

I haven't been through one yet.. *how tough are they? *Is this like a
mini-practical test with stalls, engine outs and a tough verbal exam etc...
or is it more like an informal "Can he still fly an airplane and still
understands the basics?"

--
Dallas

The basic purpose of the review is simply to have an instructor take a
look at your flying, general attitude, and habit patterns to insure a
continuing competence.
For any pilot with no standout issues, the review should be no problem
at all.
My procedure for giving these reviews was to simply tell the pilot I
wanted to see how he/she approached and conducted a normal flight from
beginning to end. I told them to act normally and just to consider me
an "interested observer".
The instructor of course has a criteria that is followed but there is
no reason that this criteria should take the form of intrusion on the
flight unless it becomes necessary.
Just treat the flight as a normal check flight and you'll do just
fine.
Dudley Henriques