Old May 7th 09, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

Default LS-4 Water bag repair

On May 7, 8:27*am, Papa3 wrote:
On May 7, 1:30*am, M C wrote:

Does anyone know what material was used for the LS-4 water bags?

A friend needs to buy some material to repair a couple of small leaks.

Thanks

Mike

If you're talking about the original factory ones (tan color), I think
they are a rubberized vinyl (don't hold me to that). *More
importantly, most of the ones I've seen are in awful shape by now;
they usually have de-laminated. * *I helped a fried repair one using a
plastics repair kit. *As soon as we had one hole patched, others
sprung up.

Ended up buying Smiley Bags (US).

P3

Quick addition: Search LS4 water bags on the google groups and
you'll see a couple of other threads on this topic. I think the
ultimate conclusions we 1. Get new bags 2. Smiley bags not
available. 3. Source in Australia had good replacements.