Old May 11th 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ken S. Tucker

Default "PENTAGON WORKING TO GIVE F-35 JSF NUCLEAR-STRIKE CAPABILITY"

On May 10, 5:00 pm, "Paul J. Adam"
wrote:
Ken S. Tucker wrote:
On May 10, 3:42 pm, "Paul J. Adam"
wrote:
I'm well acquainted with PROBABILITY. This is why you do
"shoot-look-shoot" - and suddenly your threatening track now only has a
4% chance of surviving. (And this assumes that you only have time for
one follow up) Note that any soft-kill countermeasures still get to play
with the surviving threat seekers

Hmm, I was generous enabling the 80%.
Paul you pushed to 96%...

Because you shoot once and get the 80% you credit us with. Then you
either do kill assessment and launch again, or you double-tap if time is
short and the protected unit valuable, and get another 80% shot. At that
point your Pk is 96%.

It's PROBABILITY, dear Ken, PROBABILITY. Reality is a little more
complicated but we're playing on your terms.

Yes, more complicated, like no second chance.

You (Paul & Keith) are pushin' our BS detector off scale!!!
Have either of you ever designed and fired a missile?

Er....
Yes.
Next question?

Would you provide us with a brief overview of your
experience designing missiles?
(an online ref is fine)
Ken