Old June 30th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

Default iPAQ 310 won't shut down

Hi Paul,
if you like, try the following:

Press the wheel , push the reset button, you will see the RUU MODE
screen but do not release the wheel, keep the wheel pressed for at
least ten seconds until the engineering mode comes up.

Use extreme caution, you can brick the device by selecting the wrong
entry.

Select menu item #10.

I don't know if this is a "hard reset" but it will rebuild the
registry which maybe is close enough.

By the way, I use a dedicated stand alone trickle charger that I think
gives me a longer battery life, HP part # HSTNH-F02G. I got it from
http://fixyourpda.com/ and an extra HP310 as well. One of the best
online transactions I have had.

Brian

On Jun 29, 7:13*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I have been doing a lot of playing with my iPAQ 310 and SeeYou Mobile for
PNA. *Somehow the unit is now in a mode in which I can't turn it off so that
it stays off while connected to the wall charger. *Every time I turn it off
it turns itself right back on. *If I disconnect it from the wall charger I
can turn it off and it stays off. *I want to be able to charge the unit with
the unit turned off - to preserve the life of the backlight as much as
possible.

I don't think the unit did this when it was new. *I have a customer's iPAQ
310 in hand and it will stay off while connected to a wall charger.

I must have adjusted some power setting, but I can't seem to figure it out.