Old July 6th 09, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Brian Whatcott

Default Testing On The Cheap / update

Ouch,
glad THAT didn't happen in the air.

Seeing an engine depart must be on about the same excitement level as
seeing aeroelastic vibration in the wing tips.
Makes me think of a reason why I sometimes see a wire cable tether round
a couple of engine fixings back to a bulkhead. A loose engine has a
better CofG that a missing engine, no doubt!

Brian W

rattlesnake wrote:
performed static testing on Saturday. Went well except engine mount broke
(§&%!?$ one of the few parts I didn't fabricate by myself) So far about
testing.....

www.ph21.de/guest/Pict0035.jpg

"gorgon" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Jul 3, 10:49 am, "rattlesnake" wrote:

Destruct static testing done in a non-silly and relevant manner. Kind
of cool to see that they predicted the failure mode and location. The
wing was designed within a couple of percent of the goal. No weight
sacrificed here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe9PVaFGl3o